Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

A Pinterest of My Own!

I recently saw this on Pinterest and loved it!
From: Talia Christine: Once Upon A Time...

Then, at our baby shower, my friend set up this activity for the guests (see the entire shower post here).

After the shower, she gave me the frame and board. I took numerous photos of it but I wasn't sure it would necessarily fit in the nursery. I loved the frame so much that I decided to dismantle it and attempt to create the frame that I had previously seen on Pinterest.  Here is my version:
 I used a 99 cents package of upholstery tacks to hold the twin on. 
 I have been holding onto these clothespins from our wedding 3 years ago. I originally took a package of these natural wood pins and placed them in a ziplock bag with some dark stain. I used them to hold down our place cards for guests. Now they have a new and exciting life in the nursery. 

 I love numbers and will grab railroad tie nails any chance I get. I found this one at a flea market in Eugene a long time ago (read about my flea market finds here). 
Baby Wilson is due on July 26th so I thought it was only fitting to use the nail from 1926. July 26th is also our anniversary so that is why I originally picked this one up. 
I love how the photos on the one from Pinterest look like polaroid's. Once baby Wilson is here, I plan on printing a collection of photos in a polaroid style and doing something similar. For now, the most recent baby announcements of all of baby Wilson's friends hang on the board. 


3 comments:

  1. Very cute! I am going to do this.

    Your newest follower,

    abby
    i---create.blogspot.com
    (come follow me?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, CUTE I love your version of the frame! Great work!


    Talia Christine
    http://taliachristine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides strong kernel, a man of replica watches great charm and is rolex replica uk gentle gentleman graceful bearing. Respect for others, good at listening, the elegance of man emerges from the others in conversation. The man who knows how to live is fake rado also pursuing the exquisite life style, the detail, the esthetic, the clean and neat, the replica rolex calm atmosphere. Just as men watches, tailored to the new hublot replica sale round case, simple and quiet, and lays out the flat line.

    ReplyDelete